Thursday, May 10, 2012

Someone Needs to Get Jonathan Papelbon to Paris Immediately

Here's a quote from new Phillies closer Jonathan Papelbon regarding his new home town:

"Philadelphia has a cool feel to it, man,'' Papelbon says. "It's a vibe that the city produces. It makes you feel like you are in Paris. I've never been to Paris, but I've seen it in a lot of movies. I think [Philadelphia] is going to be a great place to live."

Look... I love Philadelphia.  I agree that it's got a cool feel, and is a great place to live.  But... Paris?  PARIS?!  That's just insane.  I get that you're trying to endear yourself to your new city, but let's keep it realistic, okay?

I do like the "it reminds me of this place... I've never been there" aspect of his quote, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment