Sunday, January 8, 2012

Minimate Customs: Crazy Quilt

Okay, one more custom to post for the big show....


Crazy Quilt


This was just crazy... no pun intended.  I don't know what possessed me to make this guy, but here he is: Crazy Quilt, an almost entirely forgotten, thoroughly silly Batman villain.  And yet I've always liked the guy.  He's somewhat unique among the Batman rogues in that he hates Robin more then Batman.  The first time I saw him was in Batman #368, in which the Big Q nearly rubs out the new Robin, Jason Todd.  But I dunno,  I think I just like bad guys in silly costumes.


The formula here was paint. Lots and lots of paint.  Not to mention tears.  Paint and tears. This project took hours, and I hated myself the entire time I was making him.  But, hey, check out these results!  Not a sloppy mark on him!  Except there... and there... and there... hurm.


Crazy Quilt is my submission for the "Best Customs of 2011" contest in the Best Paint Job category.  He won't win, but he's my best paint job, without a doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment