Thursday, January 5, 2012

Minimate Customs: Han Solo and Luke Skywalker

Well, the calendar's turned over, and you know what that means:  time for the "Best Minimate Customs of 2011" contest!  You may remember my post from last year in which I showed off a few of my nominations not yet posted.  Well, I'm doing the same thing again, but, as I've been much more proactive with getting my work out there, I've only two customs I plan to submit for consideration that aren't already up here.  So I'm going to divide them up into two separate posts, each one paired with a like-minded custom.


Han Solo






A lot of people would say that Star Wars is the single most-wanted potential Minimate property; I am not one of them.  Don't get me wrong, I like Star Wars well enough, but there are a lot of things I'd rather have first.  But, I have to admit, when I started fooling around with Han here, and I could see how well he was going to turn out, I was pretty excited.  Not to toot my own horn, but I don't think DST could make a much more accurate Han Solo if they tried.  Han here is going to be my entry in the "Best Quick Custom" category, where he'll be defending the title brought home by Shanna the She-Devil last year.  Make us all proud, Han!  He might also be my "Best TV/Movies/Cartoon" custom, unless I think of a better entry.

This is the part where I usually go over my formula, but to be honest, some of the details are escaping me.  I can tell you that his head's from Captain Kirk, his legs are from Blackhawk, and his little belt's from the New Goblin.  Oh, his hair's from Bucky, and it's literally my least favorite Minimate hairpiece, but somehow it really fits Han.

Luke Skywalker


Luke came about, mostly, because I got a set of Ninja Stickers from Luke's Toy Store, and had more stickers then I needed ninjas.  But the chest decal made me think of Luke's tunic (Skywalker, not Porter), so I put this together.  His little skirt thing comes from that bald chick from the first Star Trek movie,  his face is from Marty McFly, and his hair from Captain Mar-Vell.  The key to Luke, of course, is the Lightsaber, which was finally provided in the Deadpool Corps box set this fall.  I spent 20 bucks just to get this thing, but it was worth it.

Here's a photo of the guys together; next post should be up by the end of the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment